Re: Removing rollback from VC mode - request for comment

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: Removing rollback from VC mode - request for comment
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 18:34:06 +0100

   > This seems to be a simple matter of choosing the right font.  IOW it

Right especially this font is very easily scalable so I can adapt it
either to my small Laptop screen or to a bigger Desktop one.

   > completely depends on your particular setup.  Maybe if you post
   > a snapshot showing the symbols chosen by Emacs for the actual characters
   > alongside the symbols displayed by X-Symbol for the corresponding TeX
   > commands, someone will be able to help you get Emacs to choose
   > better symbols.

Here are two snapshots attached below

   > That's just a conscious choice of the font-lock settings used in
   > tex-mode.el.  You could easily tweak those settings to additionally hide
   > the _ or ^ characters.

Can you give me an example. I have never seen such settings would be
most welcome.

   > Indeed.  There's also no input method corresponding to the X-Symbol's
   > symbol menu, nor for its symbol table (which displays the symbols in

Now I don't understand you. If I use (set-input-method "TeX")  (or
something like this)
typing \alpha results in α but the same happens in a LaTeX buffer with
x-symbol-mode (-minor) turned on. In this sense X-symbol provides a
input method (otherwise it would be very clumsy to use), or what do I miss?

Uwe