Re: [mentoring-done] a darkroom/writeroom mode for Emacs

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [mentoring-done] a darkroom/writeroom mode for Emacs
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 15:47:56 +0200

On 12/15/2014 03:20 PM, João Távora wrote:

package.el, so please confirm this: Publishing is what makes the package
accessible to users as they "M-x package-install" that's strictly
related to increases in version numbers.

That's right. Check out the README: http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/elpa.git/tree/README

Can you explain if this fundamentally different from my strategy, or is
it just a convenience that would save me some "git mv" and conflict
resolution before adding the merge commit to the graph?

I think so, can't really say for sure if that's the only difference. I'm not clear on what your strategy will do under the covers.