Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 3431e82: Ignore directory symlinks in directory

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 3431e82: Ignore directory symlinks in directory-files-recursively
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 09:27:10 -0500

> The interface isn't the same, though.  I think we should perhaps ignore
> the non-lexical case and get rid of the ARGS argument.  Supplying a
> lexical lambda predicate just makes more sense.

Agreed.

> And I don't like passing in the DIR and LEAF separately.

It can avoid calling expand-file-name only to call file-name-directory
(or file-name-nondirectory) right after.

> -(defun directory-files-recursively (dir match &optional include-directories)
> +(defun directory-files-recursively (dir match &optional
> +                                     include-directories predicate)

Can we reduce the number of arguments?

>    "Return all files under DIR that have file names matching MATCH (a regexp).

Please specify more precisely how MATCH is used (whether it's compared
to the "leaf" only, or the full absolute file name, or ...).

>                  (path (expand-file-name leaf dir)))

This is not a "path", it's a file name.  Remember: by convention
a "path" is a list of directories, as in load-path, $PATH, etc...

        Stefan