Re: CLAHub and the FSF copyright assignment

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: CLAHub and the FSF copyright assignment
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 08:37:11 -0500

> Yes, sorry :) IIUC myself of what CLAHub is though, the copyright assignment
> will have to be binding though CLAHub’s services.  That is, I presume some
> sort of text field with the contribution agreement and an ‘I understand and
> agree’ checkbox is provided by CLAHub.  Once the contributor agrees to the
> CLA, this agreement is reflected visibly on the PR discussion page.

I still have no idea what "CLAHub" is, but FWIW, the fundamental
requirement is that we need to get one particular copyright assignment
signed and we don't want to trust anyone but the FSF to verify (and store)
this paperwork (especially not a company whose incorporation bylaws make
its aim to be maximizing profits rather than preserve the users's Freedom).

> I hope this would not boil down to a ‘CLA’ saying essentially that the
> contributor has completed the (separate) FSF copyright assignment.

I can't see how it could be otherwise.

        Stefan