Re: Merging nth, aref, and elt.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Merging nth, aref, and elt.
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 22:57:29 -0500

> Here's an initial diff for hash-tables. Should it use `get' instead of `elt'?

Hmm... I think we should distinguish the "get element" of sequences and
the "get element" of tables.  The upcoming seq.el provides operations on
sequences, such as seq-elt and that doesn't apply to hash-tables because
I don't think we should treat them as sequences.

So, yes, support for hash-tables would fall into the `get' extension, or
whatever name we end up choosing.  I think we should probably come up
with a library akin to seq.el but for mappings (also known as
"functions" in set-theory).  It could be called map.el, maybe, and the
operation could be map-elt?

        Stefan