RE: [mentoring] a darkroom/writeroom mode for Emacs

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [mentoring] a darkroom/writeroom mode for Emacs
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 06:27:32 -0800 (PST)

> I don't think one can, at least with "custom themes". I think "color
> themes" used to provide that possibility, so the needed
> functionality should be in Emacs.

FWIW -

Whatever features color themes "used to provide" are still provided.
`color-theme.el' works fine, through Emacs 25 and probably beyond.

And color themes have some advantages over "custom" themes, just as
custom themes have some advantages over color themes.

It is too bad that users have been given the impression that since
Emacs added custom themes they somehow supersede color themes.
They could do so, if the limitations were addressed and fixed.

http://www.emacswiki.org/ColorAndCustomThemes

(erroneously renamed)