Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 11:48:17 +0100

>> Here is an example-based walkthrough of a subset of the format:
>>  http://steinar.bang.priv.no/2012/05/02/using-org-mode/

> This expains how to use Org mode to edit outlines, track times, and
> other things that are not particularly useful for me.

> It does not explain how to use Org format to format a manual.

There is an example in that Org document for a memo which shows basic
document structure, and some formatting (a C code example).  That's what
I intended you to see.

That "memo" subtree of the outline can be exported as, LaTeX, Texinfo,
Libreoffice, plain text, asciidoc, etc.

What that "memo" example is (currently) missing is basic formatting
(*bold*, _underline_ and /italics/ (this is how bold, underline and
italics are done in org)), cross-referencing, and weblinks (which are
important for a manual).

I'll put all of the above into that example, if I find the time.

(But even with the extras added, the org example document will be in the
"hello world" document class, and as Lars said in a different place in
this thread: "hello world" documents for all markup languages look clear
and understandable)