Re: [mentor-request] a darkroom/writeroom mode for Emacs

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: [mentor-request] a darkroom/writeroom mode for Emacs
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 11:46:58 +0000

address@hidden writes:
>> Hi, I'm looking for a mentor who would help me clean up the code I have
>> in
>>
>>    https://github.com/capitaomorte/darkroom-mode
>
> - Did you get a copyright  assignment yet? Your code needs to be
>   assigned to FSF. See http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/CONTRIBUTE,
>   copyright assignment section.
>
> - I think your packages will live a happy life in ELPA. Heres a pointer:
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/ELPA#toc2

Hi Joakim,

The goal of this "mentoring" experiment is that an experienced
contributor/maintainer makes a short-term commitment to help a new
contributor clean up his code for inclusion. (I volunteered to test the
process with two half-baked extensions I had lying around.)

Was that your idea as well when replying? If so, I think explicitly
stating "I'll mentor this" is a good idea. Anyway, Rasmus is also on
this, so maybe you'll want to take a look at the second "ecco"
extension?

Anyway:

* Your first pointer is useful for copyrights, but then it makes
  absolutely no mention of Git, it still mentions Bazaar.

* Your second pointer is much better.

I wonder why these these two aren't integrated... (I guess this was
discussed to death already.)

João