Re: More metaproblem

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: More metaproblem
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 19:37:58 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 10:35:24 -0500
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> And it should be kept as short as possible (e.g. things like formatting
> of references to particular revisions is the kind of nitpicking we
> don't need in there).

I think this requirement raises the bar impossibly high.  You cannot
have a useful set of instructions that leave those out.  E.g., this
whole discussion started because of such "nitpicking".

Neither do I see why would we need to restrict ourselves like that.  A
document with a clear structure and a list of topics at the beginning
can be longish and still useful.  OTOH, having instructions scattered
over several files makes discovery harder.