Re: merging emacs-24

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: merging emacs-24
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 19:44:55 +0200

> From: Andreas Schwab <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 18:11:32 +0100
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >> You do it to the two branches that were merged.  So e.g.
> >>
> >> commit ba4502fe1465f7803beca3ae187e41f0b25bef10
> >> Merge: b121ef1 81e0cca
> >> Author: Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden>
> >> Date:   Wed Nov 26 21:31:11 2014 -0500
> >>
> >>     Merge branch 'emacs-24'
> >>
> >> means you do `git log b121ef1..81e0cca'
> >
> > AFAIU, this only shows the merge-commits, but doesn't otherwise
> > identify the commits that were done on another branch.
>
> It shows all commits reachable by 81e0cca that are not reachable by
> b121ef1, which means all commits that were merged in.

Yes, it shows them.  But I said "identify", i.e. I meant there's
(AFAIK) no indication on each commit that "git log" shows which says
if that commit was on the branch or on master.  Unless you use some
non-default switches to 'log'.

If that's not true, how do I tell which commits in the linear list
shown by "git log" were made on master, and which were committed to
emacs-24 and later merged?