Re: Rant - Emacs mail is not user friendly

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Rant - Emacs mail is not user friendly
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 14:40:19 +0900

Richard Stallman writes:

 >   > Yes.  But Emacs nowadays depends on a large number of external
 >   > libraries, many of which are known to have had security flaws.
 >
 > We need to get those problems fixed.

You will never get all of those problems fixed; there's an unending
supply of them, as new ones are being created every day.

That means that in practice complex applications like Emacs are
continuously vulnerable to some attack, although those attacks change
over time.

As somebody (probably Kelly) put it a few messages back, it's no
longer the case that we ordinary users can consider ourselves safe
just because there's millions of us.  The botnets have millions of
CPUs with which to seek out new victims in massively parallel fashion.