Re: Network security manager

From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen
Subject: Re: Network security manager
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 22:11:49 +0100

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

> I mean that EWW's visual indicators of identity and trust should be
> global. Then you don't interrupt the user (they get cranky!) but show
> them a visual indicator that something requires their attention. I
> can't think of a better place that works in graphical and text modes
> and has the precedent of embedded infobar-style buttons than the
> modeline.

I think this may be something that could be addressed more generally.
Personally I use the Sauron package (https://github.com/djcb/sauron)
which has an interface to log notifications; I enhanced this with a
modeline indicator to show when a notification is pending (inspired by
the ERC modeline indicator stuff). This works fairly well, but an
"official" notification mechanism in Emacs would be pretty cool :)

-Toke