Re: Generalizing find-definition

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: Generalizing find-definition
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 02:07:23 -0600

Jorgen Schaefer <address@hidden> writes:

> This also does define a minor mode instead of changing the global key
> bindings. I think in the final version it should replace the key binding
> definitions done in etags.el. Is this correct?

+1

> Do I need to hook it up elsewhere in the build process?

Not sure what you are asking here; the keybindings need to be autoloaded
as in etags.el.

> +(defvar find-definition-function nil
> +(defvar find-definition-identifier-function nil

These variables will be set by the major mode, so they should be
buffer-local; use defvar-local.

> +(defvar find-definition-marker-ring
> +  (make-ring find-definition-marker-ring-length)
> +  "Ring of positions visited by `find-definition'.")

This variable might want to be mode-specific, but not buffer-local; I'm
not sure how to accomplish that.

--
-- Stephe