Re: A simple git workflow for the rest of us

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: A simple git workflow for the rest of us
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 15:12:50 -0500

On Sun, 16 Nov 2014 20:43:10 +0100 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
wrote:

LMI> Bill Wohler <address@hidden> writes:
>> I'd second setting it globally to ensure that it happens universally to
>> avoid the spurious merge commits that otherwise ensue.
>>
>> Specifically, how does one make a configuration setting that applies to
>> everyone who clones the repository?

LMI> Putting "push.default current" in there would be nice, too.  (If this is
LMI> possible.)

It's not.  Make a config file with the right settings and ask users to
copy or merge it to `$checkout_path/.git/config' when they clone.

For completeness, here's my .gitconfig that may be useful, though it
doesn't have the pull.rebase=true that was mentioned or the
git-merge-changelog driver.

Ted

#+begin_src text
[core]
        whitespace = trailing-space,space-before-tab

[diff]
        renames = copies
        algorithm = patience

[merge]