Re: Bundling GNU ELPA packages

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Bundling GNU ELPA packages
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 17:42:18 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> The most obvious such package is Org (whose Git code
> should move out of emacs.git and into elpa.git)

CEDET also comes to mind as a great candidate, although it might be
harder to move.

> Who'd like to help?

This sounds like an infrastructure task to me: standardize in which dir
the ELPA checkout should be relative to the core, and then update the
"build release" script to copy files from certain dirs when the time
comes.

This isn't something I'd be particularly good at, but... what's the main
difficulty?