Re: Conkeror-like functionality for EWW

From: Andrey Kotlarski
Subject: Re: Conkeror-like functionality for EWW
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 12:12:12 +0200

[  4 ноември 2014, 09:54 +0100, вторник ] Tassilo Horn:

> Or another nice and similar approach was to have a command
> `eww-isearch-links' which does what isearch does but considers only link
> texts.  Probably, that would also be easier to implement as you don't
> need to add dozens of overlays displaying link numbers/chars.

Just to mention, eww-lnum does this too, just like Conkeror.  You can
type characters and matching links will be narrowed down (and still
assigned numbers).

Sometimes I go to pages with too many links and just know I'm looking
for "Doc[s]" section or something.  I don't even bother looking at the
page, just press `f`, type "doc" and immediately see what's of interest.
Often in this situation all left is to hit RET or if there are several
matches left and the right one is not selected, just hit a digit.