Re: Unfreezing the display during auto-repeated scrolling. Simpler appro

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Unfreezing the display during auto-repeated scrolling. Simpler approach.
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 10:04:08 -0400

>> That's the question, indeed.  Maybe we could simply move the
>> `input-pending' test so it's done before running the command.  I.e. if
>> there was no input pending when the command started, then don't skip
>> the redisplay.
> I hope the intent is that this behavior will be optional, and by
> default turned off.

The jit-lock-defer-if-input-pending will be optional (and disabled by default).

OTOH I think the above tweak to the "don't redisplay if input pending" rule
might not even need such a config var.

> If not, I'm going to object to such a change.

I'm not dead set on foisting this tweak on every user without even
letting them opt out.  Hell, I don't even know if it will do what I want
it to do.  But at least, I don't see any obvious significant downside
to it.

        Stefan