Re: replying to Debbugs [ was: bug#18725: ]

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: replying to Debbugs [ was: bug#18725: ]
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 09:53:13 -0400

> We get an automatic Cc: for posts to emacs-devel,

No, there's no such thing on emacs-devel.  Members of emacs-devel
receive the message, of course, but if you post and you're not a member,
you won't get a copy of your message.

> and that doesn't seem to confuse people.  Well, it confused me,
> because I thought we did usually get automatic Cc:'s for bug-gnu-emacs
> too.  It seems we don't, and haven't done for a long time.

You'll get a copy of your message if you're registered to bug-gnu-emacs,
just as is the case for emacs-devel.

> I don't understand the bit in .../admin/notes/bugtracker that says "We
> generally don't assume anyone who posts to a list is subscribed to it,
> so we cc everyone on replies.",

I think this "we" is meant to say "we, mailing-list members, should do
that when replying", not "we, mailing-list administrators, have
configured the list in such a way".
I guess the wording is ambiguous.

        Stefan