Re: [Emacs-diffs] ImageMagick Support on Windows

From: rzl24ozi
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] ImageMagick Support on Windows
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 18:38:30 +0900

I have created imagemagick support patch on Windows for pretest
24.3.94, and using it. I'm testing it by viewing BMP and other
supported image by imagemagick, and it seems to work well.

My patch is here.

https://gist.github.com/rzl24ozi/d588b40217b80e3dae65

I hope this patch help you.

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
> But these are still speculations.  Let's first determine (1) where and
> why does temacs crash, and (2) could only one of these DLLs be
> loaded, and cause an automatic loading of the other.

(1)
In my case, crashed at imagemagick-types in image.c.
imagemagick-register-types is called in image.el and finally
imagemagick-types in image.c is called, but at this time, imagemagick
functions are not initialized yet. then temacs crash.

I add init_imagemagick_functons to imagemagick-types.

And, for imagemagick-register-types to work well, there was a need to
load image.el after w32-win.el in loadup.el because
dynamic-library-alist is set in w32-win.el.

(2)
Yes, libMagickWand-XXX.dll depend on libMagickCore-XXX.dll and
libMagickCore-XXX.dll is automatically loaded when load
libMagickWand-XXX.dll.
But some functions used in image.c is in libMagickCore-XXX.dll.
To get these functions by GetProcAddress, need to load
libMagickCore-XXX.dll separately.

Although is not a smart way, I add two DLLs as below
to dynamic-library-alist and load each library separately.
(My imagemagick is built without --enable-hdri.)

'(magickwand "libMagickWand-6.Q16-2.dll")
'(magickcore "libMagickCore-6.Q16-2.dll")