Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-24 r117559: Fix bug #18636 with documentation of

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-24 r117559: Fix bug #18636 with documentation of multi-monitor displays.
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 17:31:41 -0400

>> "side bar" was never mentioned before now.
> It's popular terminology, not something specific to Emacs.

FWIW, like Glenn, I don't know exactly what are taskbars and sidebars.
I vaguely know they're thingies that I've heard mentioned, especially in
a Windows context.

> I found it very hard to be OS-agnostic here and still convey the ideas.

Agreed.

I think replacing "the task bar and side bar" with "task bars and side
bars" is about as good as we can make it.
Better not add terminologu such as "panels" (used also in XFCE), since
these have a fairly strong but different meaning in other systems and
will just lead to more confusion.

        Stefan