Re: trunk r117960: * etc/TODO: Add a few entries, remove others, expand

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: trunk r117960: * etc/TODO: Add a few entries, remove others, expand some
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 12:24:29 -0400

> Any particular reason for the removal of this item?

AFAIK it is now fixed.

>> -** Compute the list of active keymaps *after* reading the first event.
> After all, at the end of bug#10459, you've called the current solution
> an ugly hack.

That was not a solution in src.keyboard.c but a workaround in Toby's
Elisp code, IIUC.  Since then the C code has been changed (see
src/keyboard.c:9310:

          if (NILP (first_event))
            {
              first_event = key;
              /* Even if first_event does not specify a particular
                 window/position, it's important to recompute the maps here
                 since a long time might have passed since we entered
                 read_key_sequence, and a timer (or process-filter or
                 special-event-map, ...) might have switched the current buffer
                 or the selected window from under us in the mean time.  */
              if (fix_current_buffer
                  && (XBUFFER (XWINDOW (selected_window)->contents)
                      != current_buffer))
                Fset_buffer (XWINDOW (selected_window)->contents);
              current_binding = active_maps (first_event);
            }

-- Stefan