Re: Adding packages to ELPA

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Adding packages to ELPA
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 16:02:45 -0400

> For me, the problem with having Ada mode directly in ELPA is reviewing
> the git commit log to see if anyone else edited the Ada mode code.

That shouldn't be necessary: whenever a commit is made (by someone else
than you) which touches packages/ada-mode or packges/wisi, you should
receive an email with the corresponding diff.

> I'm not clear on how to "put a package on an external branch" (yes, I
> have read Stefan's posts on that; they are too cryptic), but perhaps I
> should try that.

- Push the tree you want onto a branch `externals/<pkg>' in the
  `elpa' repository.
- Remove the packages/<pkg> directory in the `master' branch.
- Edit `externals-list' in the `master' branch.

That should be mostly it.

        Stefan