Re: Trunk emacs infelicity with linum mode

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Trunk emacs infelicity with linum mode
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 11:26:00 +0200

> Inside the first call to adjust_frame_size, the one from line 4609, we
> do call run_window_configuration_change_hook.  But it doesn't abort
> here.

Because the frame is not official yet so

  if (NILP (Vrun_hooks) || !(f->official))
    return;

will return immediately.

> If I set a breakpoint in Fface_font, which is what barfed in the OP's
> case, the breakpoint doesn't break inside the call to
> adjust_frame_size or Fx_create_frame, it breaks after Fx_create_frame
> already returned.  I don't know why the difference.

I suppose the OP confused two calls of adjust_frame_size - the one at
line 4609 and the one at line 4678.  The latter indeed does run the
functions on `window-configuration-change-hook' and breaks in
Fface_font.  It doesn't break on Windows or Gtk because there apparently
the sizes do not change any more.  I still don't know why the sizes
change on Motif/Lucid.

martin