Re: Changes in frame/window code

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Changes in frame/window code
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 12:53:45 +0300

> Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 11:00:31 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
>  > You mean, that "a" on the right fringe of the rightmost window?
>  > That's entirely unrelated to the problems I fixed in r117417.
>
> Visually they are very similar.

No, they aren't: what you see on the fringe is always a remnant of a
cursor -- it's always in cursor colors, not the text colors.

IOW, something draws the cursor on the fringe, or maybe scrolls text
with the cursor on it, as drawn by the previous redisplay, without
paying attention to the fact that the x-coordinate is outside the text
area.

By contrast, the problems fixed in r117417 were due to incorrect setup
of the glyph row in the text area, not to incorrect drawing.

> (1) C-u C-h t hebrew RET
>
> (2) C-x 3                              (gives hscroll-0.png)
>
> (3) M-: (set-window-hscroll nil 1)     (gives hscroll-1.png)
>
> (4) M-: (set-window-hscroll nil 2)     (gives hscroll-2.png)
>
> (5) M-: (set-window-hscroll nil 1)     (gives hscroll-3.png)
>
> Note again: NOT reproducible on my Windows build.

I think I can reproduce something similar if I change the buffer font
size from the default.

Thanks, I will take a look.