Re: terminal getting garbled running 'emacs -nw'

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: terminal getting garbled running 'emacs -nw'
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2014 14:14:14 -0700

I agree. Once you reproduce the problem with the first approach, the second flow reproduces it again. I am suspecting if we are somehow corrupting the tty.

I am happy that you could reproduce it. Give me some pointers and I will debug. By the way, it has been a long (almost 5 years) since I started following emacs-devel closely.
Nice to see the same familiar hackers hacking away on emacs.

with best regards,
dhruva

On Sat, Aug 9, 2014 at 12:06 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2014 10:03:17 -0700
> From: dhruva <address@hidden>
>
> I found an easier way to reproduce the problem.
>
> - Run emacs in terminal (-nw) mode: emacs -q -nw
> - M-x to enger minibuffer prompt
> - Type 'ho' and hit TAB
> - CTRL-g will quit the command but the menubar is gone and the minibuffer
> frame is multiple lines high

This doesn't reproduce the problem for me (your previous recipe did).