Re: Raw string literals in Emacs lisp.

From: Matthew Plant
Subject: Re: Raw string literals in Emacs lisp.
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 13:24:25 -0700

I was under the impression that any ASCII  character (with a few exceptions, but not including "#") could be used to define a variable. I see know that was a mistake. I also support #"foo", although #r"foo" seems unnecessarily verbose.

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 1:15 PM, Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> wrote:
Matthew Plant <address@hidden> writes:

> I would argue that is still workable, through various hacks. In the cond
> case if you wanted to specify I raw string literal you would do
> (("default")), which I think is still illegal.

Yes, that's illegal.  But why not #"foo" (like in Clojure regexps)?  Or
SXEmacs version of raw strings #r"foo"?  To me, that reads much better
than ("foo") and is much less ambiguous.

Bye,
Tassilo