Re: Broken timers (handle_alarm_signal is never called)?

From: Dmitry Antipov
Subject: Re: Broken timers (handle_alarm_signal is never called)?
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 19:28:52 +0400

On 07/25/2014 06:28 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

How did you deduce that?

I'm trying to change mouse cursor shape when Emacs is idle for some
period of time and now diving somewhere in main event loop in attempt
to understand what "idle" really is :-).

Are you saying that SIGARLM is triggered, but its handler is never
called?

No, there is no SIGALRM at all (at least I can't see it in gdb with
'handle SIGALRM print').

[...from another e-mail...]

> Btw, we don't call start_hourglass when a keyboard macro is being executed

IIUC we do it immediately before starting macro.

Dmitry