Re: Please don't obsolete "crisp.el"

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Please don't obsolete "crisp.el"
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 10:26:08 -0400

> 1. I found that in the Emacs repo git clone, A LOT OF commits did not even
>    touched crisp.el but are all included in the log history of crisp.el. I
>    don't know if it's caused by bzr -> git mirroring information loss, or if
>    this happend even in earlier years before bzr is used, or if there are
>    some defetcts during git filter-branch. This seems to leave quite a few
>    dummy commits without any diff against crisp.el.

   git log --follow lisp/obsolete/crisp.el | grep commit | wc

gives me 56 entries, which all seem to have touched crisp.el, so the
mirroring doesn't seem to be the problem.

Also, "git log -p --follow lisp/obsolete/crisp.el" seems to include just
the crisp.el changes, so passing it to "git am" might DTRT.

        Stefan