Re: Possible bug when running with --daemon on 24.3.92.3?

From: Peder O. Klingenberg
Subject: Re: Possible bug when running with --daemon on 24.3.92.3?
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 13:16:19 +0200

On Thu, Jul 10 2014 at 09:41, Alexis wrote:

> Peder O. Klingenberg writes:
>
>> Try attaching gdb to the emacs process before starting the
>> emacsclient, and see if you catch a signal as you exit emacsclient?
>
> When i enter C-x 5 0 in emacsclient, gdb reports:
>
>     Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
>     PSEUDOVECTORP (code=15, a=536871013) at lisp.h:2436
>     2436          return PSEUDOVECTOR_TYPEP (h, code);

So your emacs dies with a segfault, same as mine did.  But not on the
same line (or perhaps there's been code changes in that area since
march, I haven't checked).  WRT the Subject of this thread, I'd say
definitely a bug.

The next steps would be to get a backtrace, and perhaps look at some
variables, to figure out the context in which it dies.  Take a look at
etc/DEBUG in the emacs sources for tips and hints.  And then file a bug,
and either hope for the guidance of those more knowledgeable in the ways
of the source, or dig in yourself.  Wonderful learning opportunity :)

...Peder...
--
This must be Thursday.  I never could get the hang of Thursdays.