Re: Possible bug when running with --daemon on 24.3.92.3?

From: Peder O. Klingenberg
Subject: Re: Possible bug when running with --daemon on 24.3.92.3?
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 09:23:10 +0200

On Tue, Jul 08 2014 at 09:30, Alexis wrote:

> Summary of steps to reproduce:
>
> 1. emacs -q --daemon
> 2. emacsclient -c
> 3. C-x C-c
> 4. The `emacs --daemon` process is no longer running.

The symptoms seem similar to something I saw a couple of months back.
Reported as bug #17125.  That apparently had something to do with my
fonts.

Try attaching gdb to the emacs process before starting the emacsclient,
and see if you catch a signal as you exit emacsclient?

I haven't had time to pursue that bug any further.  Dmitry Antipov
provided a patch that worked for me, but apparently had some
deficiencies.

...Peder...
--
I wish a new life awaited _me_ in some off-world colony.