Re: Feature Request: Per-package custom save files?

From: raman
Subject: Re: Feature Request: Per-package custom save files?
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 07:55:34 -0700

So:

Once the custom settings are split out:

1. Load on demand

2. Smaller, more manageable custom files.

Between 1 and 2 I care more about 2 -- computers are plenty fast today
to make 1 unnoticeable.

The reason this bubbled up for me is that in the past few months I've
had to go back in time to retrieve a custom file from my local git repo
because the giant custom file got corrupted during an emacs  custom-save
at some point -- I've not chased down the culprit -- but when that
happens, you're left with a giant file that is impossible to fix by
hand. I now regularly git commit my .custom file to a local repo just
for this reason