Re: [elpa] chess.el: Req. for comment/review: Info manual

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [elpa] chess.el: Req. for comment/review: Info manual
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 14:09:02 -0400

> I'm not sure how to proceed with this: the package is maintained
> outside of elpa, and I probably don't have write access there.

AFAIK no, emacs-chess's upstream is now the "externals/chess" branch of
elpa on savannah.

> OTOH, committing the changes to savannah doesn't sound right, since
> README says that local changes to externals should be kept to
> a minimum.

We should always feel free to install corrections into `elpa'.  It's the
maintainer's responsability to then integrate them upstream (in case
there is another upstream).  Of course, if it's not just a plain
correction, you might like to get the maintainer's agreement first.

        Stefan