Re: Latest EMACS on BZR trunk does not compile with MinGW

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Latest EMACS on BZR trunk does not compile with MinGW
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 12:50:29 -0400

>> case "$(uname -a)" in
>> *MINGW* | *MinGW* ) ...
>> esac
>> wouldn't give the right answer.

> How is that different from what config.guess already does?

I'm not trying to replace config.guess nor am I trying to avoid
duplicating it.
I'm just trying to replace the

   if test "x$MSYSTEM" = "xMINGW32" -o "x$MSYSTEM" = "xMINGW64"

in configure.ac since it turns out that $MSYSTEM may not be set.

> is MinGW, but MSYSTEM is not set.  That might be a good enough

Is $MSYSTEM really necessary?  I only see it used in the above "test"
and in nt/gmake.defs (which I'm not sure we use nowadays).
Of course if the /etc/profile thingy that sets MSYSTEM also sets lots of
other important things, then we may as well rely on $MSYSTEM, indeed.

        Stefan