Re: Not a regression, but shuld go into emacs-24

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Not a regression, but shuld go into emacs-24
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 17:50:49 +0200

Hello.

2 jun 2014 kl. 09:05 skrev martin rudalics <address@hidden>:

> So the term PORTION in x_send_scroll_bar_event seems semantically
> equivalent to the term POSITION in x_set_toolkit_scroll_bar_thumb and
> not to the term PORTION in x_set_toolkit_scroll_bar_thumb.  Is that
> interpretation correct?

Only for a jump scroll.  When dragging or scrolling by page, PORTION passed to
x_send_scroll_bar_event is zero, as is WHOLE.
For jump scroll, PORTION is the position of the scroll bar thumb that we jump
to.

The values of PORTION in x_send_scroll_bar_event and
x_set_toolkit_scroll_bar_thumb are different.  The first has values as defined
by the scroll bar.  For Gtk+, Motif and Xaw this is a value between 0 or 1 and
10000000.

The values to x_set_toolkit_scroll_bar_thumb are in characters, i.e. show
PORTION characters for the buffer, starting at character POSITION.  The buffer
has a total of WHOLE characters.

        Jan D.