best way to capture a backtrace for storage?

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: best way to capture a backtrace for storage?
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 08:54:04 +0100

marmalade-repo has just gone live on the elnode version. this is a
completly emacs-lisp solution (well, perhaps there is *some* HTML).

I am getting errors, of course. it's to be expected.

I'd like to capture the errors as backtraces for later inspection.

what's the best way to do that? can I cause a backtrace to be printed to
a buffer and then save the buffer? non-interactively of course?

Nic