ELPA queue.el weirdness

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: ELPA queue.el weirdness
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 20:25:01 +0200

I see that the GNU ELPA packages/queue/queue.el has the following:

 (defmacro queue-empty (queue)
   "Return t if QUEUE is empty, otherwise return nil."
   (null (queue-head queue)))

 (defmacro queue-first (queue)
   "Return the first element of QUEUE or nil if it is empty,
 without removing it from the QUEUE."
   (car (queue-head queue)))

I don't understand how these can work in their present
formulation, and think they should be changed to use either
‘backquote’ and ‘unquote’, or (preferably) ‘defsubst’.

Also i notice that the queue.el from the www.dr-qubit.org Git repo
includes ‘lexical-binding: t’ whereas the ELPA version does not.

Do you have any plans to do these small changes and release (on
the ELPA side, that is) a new version?  If not, any objections or
advice if i were to do it?

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
   GPG key: 4C807502