Re: Trunk r117046 fails on systems with older automake

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Trunk r117046 fails on systems with older automake
Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 09:38:52 +0200

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> "Stephen J. Turnbull" wrote:

[...]

>> Patches welcome, I know.  Sorry, not high on my priority list.
>
> Don't worry, I have zero expectation of you ever supplying a patch for
> anything.

And you could have had zero expectation of Stephen supplying helpful
info for a number of ongoing years on a lot of topics and contributing
his respective experience from his position as the maintainer of XEmacs,
the archnemesis of Emacs.

It's like frowning on Mahatma Gandhi since he was weaving himself the
clothes he wore to set an example for Indian self-reliance, but omitting
to cast bullets on his own.

Yes, overgrandiose example, sorry for that.  Still I consider that
Stephen deserves a bit more of "thank you" and a bit less of "screw you"
for the work he invests into keeping his competition in good shape.

--
David Kastrup