Re: Emacs XWidgets - Google Summer of Code 2014

From: Rüdiger Sonderfeld
Subject: Re: Emacs XWidgets - Google Summer of Code 2014
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 09:23:34 +0200

On Sunday 27 April 2014 18:16:20 Nick Salerni wrote:
> My name is Nick Salerni, a second year (going into third) computer science
> student in Toronto, Canada and I got accepted into the Google Summer of
> Code 2014 program. The organization I will be working with the GNU Project
> on the XWidgets projects for Emacs.

Welcome!

> I would like to know how to get started with the Copyright assignment
> paperwork. Can the process be completed entirely electronically? If so,
> where can the online form be found? If not, what is the process?

It is semi-electronically now.  You send the request via e-mail and they send
you the contract which you then print have and sign.  But you scan it and send
back via e-mail again.  So snail-mail is no longer involved but you need to
sign it non-electronically.  (AFAIK)

More information here:

https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Papers.html

and the request template: