Re: Redisplay problems?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Redisplay problems?
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 10:51:22 +0100

>> But wasn't the whole idea of maintaining an "obscured" state to not
>> update the glyph matrices when a change occurs while the frame is
>> obscured but instead to wait until the frame gets exposed again?
>
> Maybe so, but then what exactly is the problem we are discussing here?
> If the current glyph matrices are not up to date, marking the frame
> "garbaged" is the only way to redisplay it.

Pretty early in this thread you stated

   Not reproducible here, but I'm not on GNU/Linux with GTK+.

and I proposed a fix to do on GNU/Linux what we do on Windows but Stefan
considered that too heavy because it sets a frame garbaged even when it
was only iconified for some short period and its contentes didn't change
at all.  So Stefan committed another fix for GNU/Linux and now proposes
to backport a similar fix to Windows.  And I can't tell much because the
semantics of "garbaged" are still eluding me.

martin