Re: State of the repository conversion

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: State of the repository conversion
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 21:17:52 +0200

> Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 14:54:17 -0400
> From: "Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> I suspect that if change is required here it will have to evolve from
> practice rather than beung invented.

I suspect that the change (which I think will indeed be required) will
express itself in unpleasant arguments, as people start using their
own workflows taken from other projects, and we discover just how
incompatible some of them are with Emacs development.

It is better to draw upon the knowhow and experience of veteran git
users among us to identify in advance the preferred workflows, discuss
them, and make decisions blessed by the Powers That Be.  We have ample
time for that, as v24.4 release is at least several months away.

I'm sorry that I cannot lead those discussions, due to lack of
knowledge.  I hope someone else will.