Re: [elpa] 02/04: company-clang: handle multibyte chars between bol and

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [elpa] 02/04: company-clang: handle multibyte chars between bol and point
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 16:08:14 +0200

Stefan <address@hidden> writes:

> Instead of buffer-subtring composed with string-bytes, you could use
> position-bytes.

I figured written this way it looks a tiny bit nicer, and the
performance difference is negligible.  Maybe I shouldn't have tried to
be inventive, though.

> You might also like to add a comment like "Hack attack:
> assume the file's encoding is the same as Emacs's internal encoding".

Hm, yes.  Although it just assumes that the encoding used multiple bytes
for the same sets of chars as Emacs internals, which is more reasonable.