Re: twitter.el, anyone?

From: Grim Schjetne
Subject: Re: twitter.el, anyone?
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 10:45:26 +0100

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> Matt Ford <address@hidden> writes:

>> An nntwit backend would be cool though.

> That would be interesting, indeed.  However, such a mail-like backend
> would probably not really match the dynamic nature of twitter, e.g., you
> usually want to see tweets as they are posted instead of checking some
> group (with then dozens or hundreds of tweets) periodically.

I second the idea of a nntwit backend. My main problem is that there are
just too many tweets of widely varying quality to sift through, and I
think the score facility in Gnus would really help with that. And speaking
for myself, I much prefer reading them in batches as I would my email,
rather than keeping the window open and watching the tweets as they come
in while I'm trying to focus on other things.

Having said that, I'd be just as happy with twitter.el getting score facilities
as with Gnus getting tweeting facilities.

I haven't tried pumpio.el, but if there is to be official support for
microblogging in Emacs, I think that should be equally well
supported. That might be another argument for standardising on Gnus. The
pump.io license is not ideal, but at least it's free and federated.

--
gs