Re: Getting ideas from other editors: Postfix Code Completion

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Getting ideas from other editors: Postfix Code Completion
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 05:24:53 +0200

Tom <address@hidden> writes:

> Here's an idea from IDEA for Emacs programming mode developers.
> This combination of snippets, completion and transforming
> typed expressions seems like a useful convenience feature:
>
> http://blog.jetbrains.com/idea/2014/03/postfix-completion/

Looks cute, but these are basically local refactorings.

I think I'd prefer invoking them the usual way (with some key
combination, not after typing a dot), but as long as Emacs has no native
refactoring support, the question is moot anyway.

And when it does, implementing something like this would be relatively
trivial.