Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 23:37:09 -0500

    Anyway, Stefan gave is OK on libclang usage,

That statement seems to be a misunderstanding.  My decision, as head
of the GNU Project, is that we will not install anything in Emacs or
ELPA that uses clang or LLVM.

You can use CEDET, you can use GCC, you can use both, or you
can use something else.  But not clang or LLVM.

This decision is necessary for achieving more the goal
of the GNU Project, which is to give computer users' freedom
in their computing in general -- not just in their text editing.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation