Re: Policty question - encoding to use in git repository?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Policty question - encoding to use in git repository?
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 20:07:54 -0500

>> While we're on the topic of normalization, is it the intent to
>> normalize spelling of author and committer names in the repository?
> I wondered when the revisionism would get to that stage...
> Remember to fix all typos as well!
> And don't forget to remove all trailing whitespace!
> And use US spelling throughout!
> And two spaces after all full stops!
> And ...

Please Glenn, stop this nonsense!  Fixing those cosmetic issues is
a waste of time.  We should focus on fixing actual bugs.  Could someone
please help Eric collect a list of the various bug-fixes that should be
back-ported to older revisions?  If you could find to which revision it
should apply it's better, but if not, I'm confident Eric will find
a neat heuristic to add to his reposurgeon to automatically find the
right revision.

        Stefan