Re: Lisp mode syntax table

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Lisp mode syntax table
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 19:19:19 -0500

>> If it hurts don't do that.  Really, it seems like a particularly bad idea.
> Usually, I try not to hurt myself too much but you know what it is...
> Care to explain  why it is such a bad idea?
> Sometimes you need case-sensitive symbols
> in Lisp, and semantic web (RDF, OWL and so on) is one.

Wait, I think I completely misunderstood your problem.
You're not talking about Emacs Lisp code but about "other Lisp" code
(Common Lisp?), right?

In that case |rdf|:|someClass| might be fine, indeed, but in that case
also a syntax of "\"" for ?| sounds like the right thing to do (e.g. so
that forward-sexp will properly jump over the |)| symbol).

> I recently used buffers with lots of symbols of the form
> |rdf|:|someClass| and smartparen can't behave well in this case,

Might be a problem in smartparen.  What does it do that you dislike?

        Stefan