Re: A DOS box starting Emacs (w32)

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: A DOS box starting Emacs (w32)
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 20:16:05 +0100

Well, before starting to use this modified emacsclient, I had the same
complaint about the pair runemacs/emacs launching a spurious console.
That was quite some time ago.

Seeing this report, I infered too quickly that this was still a problem.
If it isn't so, I apologize.
Actually, looking at runemacs.c, I see that it takes care of a few
things my old emacsclient.c doesn't.

I wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to merge both programs (runemacs
+ emacsclient) into one.

Fabrice

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 6:38 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> I was asking why is this better when just invoking
> Emacs for the first time in a session, like after a system restart.

I don't think Fabrice meant this, but let's hear him.