Re: key-binding for cycle-spacing

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: key-binding for cycle-spacing
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 22:55:23 +0000

Hi, Tasillo.

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 11:40:59PM +0100, Tassilo Horn wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> writes:

> > Also, why do we need this function?  Surely somebody adjusting her
> > whitespace at some place will know in advance whether she wants:
> > (a) 1 space;
> > (b) n spaces;
> > (c) no space,
> > and cycling through the possibilities to get there is an inefficient
> > waste of time.

> FWIW, I have the habit of doing M-SPC DEL when I want no space, and I
> use that sequence very frequently.  M-SPC M-SPC is much more convenient
> in that case.

For no space, why don't you use `delete-horizontal-space', with its
standard binding of M-\?  This surely beats M-SPC M-SPC, at least on an
English keyboard layout.

I use M-\ a lot in the minibuffer after making a typing mistake, but I
can't remember exactly why.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).