Re: suggestion: blue default for new face `window-divider'

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: suggestion: blue default for new face `window-divider'
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 02:05:21 +0100

Drew Adams <address@hidden> writes:

> Subject line says it all.  Consider making the window divider more
> noticeable by making it a blue line - same color as links (active).

I tried this, but found it distracting.  Once you know it's there, it
must not be that "shining".  I use grey40 now.

> (I'd also suggest that the default width of window dividers be 2,
> not zero, also to make it more noticeable.)

Or at least one, so that you get a different cursor when hovering over
that area, and recognize that resizing is possible.

OTOH, I can understand why the size is 0 when scroll bars are used: It
can happen that you click on the scroll bar by mistake.  In my
installation it is especially problematic that the mouse cursor change
is not correct for me: I get the "dragging" cursor in a stripe wider
than the window divider.  That makes it very likely to click the scroll
bar by mistake.

Michael.