Re: Artifacts on the fringes

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Artifacts on the fringes
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 15:06:36 +0100

Nix <address@hidden> writes:

>> AFAIK redrawing the fringe when its contents change is something that
>> Emacs does independently of the window manager.
>>
>> It is good to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this problem.
>
> It is certainly not universal: using fvwm and a recent Emacs (2.6.x) and
> making fairly heavy use of the fringes, I have never seen it.

I'm using Bozhidar Batsov's solarized-dark theme. With

(setq solarized-distinct-fringe-background t)

the problem happened /almost/ predictably with my configuration (not
with Emacs -Q). It also happened without that setq but not predictably
at all. That's odd because the effect of that variable is just selecting
among two possible background colors for the fringe.

After updating the theme to the latest git sources and 5 days of Emacs
usage, the fringe display still works fine. AFAIK nothing changed on the
theme spec wrt the fringe.